A few quotes about success may be all you need to get motivated, take the initiative, and start down the path to reaching your small business goals.
Remember this: many people before you have tried and failed. While some give up after a setback, others continue forward. They realize that hard work and dedication will pay off in the long run.
When you read quotes about success from somebody famous or somebody with a lot of money, it is easy to toss aside what he or she is saying. After all, this person is already at the top. However, 99% of people start in the same place as you.
Below are 40 quotes about success that should inspire you when launching your small business, or keep you motivated when the going gets rough.
40 Quotes About Success
1. If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.—Dhirubhai Ambani
You and you alone are responsible for making your dreams come true. You can either take the bull by the horns, or sit back and help somebody else reach their dream. Which sounds better to you?
2. Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly. —John F. Kennedy
When you are willing to risk it all, despite the potential of great failure, the reward can be even greater.
3. I do not know the word ‘quit.’ Either I never did, or I have abolished it.—Susan Butcher
The word “quit” should never enter your mind.
4. Entrepreneurs average 3.8 failures before final success. What sets the successful ones apart is their amazing persistence.—Lisa M. Amos
You are going to fail as an entrepreneur. It is how you deal with these failures that will determine your final outcome.
5. Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion. —Tony Hsieh
Money may be on your mind, but this thought alone won’t get you anywhere. The money will eventually follow once you begin to chase your passion.
6. All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.—Walt Disney
It takes extreme amounts of courage to make your dreams come true. Without courage, you may always come up short.
7. Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.—Winston Churchill
It is easy to give up when everything is going against you, but those who continue forward will eventually have the most success.
8. It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.—Charles Darwin
As you know, life will throw you many curve balls. Your strength and intelligence doesn’t matter. What matters is your ability to change with the times.
9. Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.—Oprah Winfrey
When you do your best right now, you will find yourself in a position to do your best in the future.
10. Opportunities don’t happen. You create them.—Chris Grosser
You make your own breaks. Period.
11. The best revenge is massive success.—Frank Sinatra
If you want to get revenge on somebody who has done you wrong, do so through the success you achieve.
12. The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one’s destiny to do, and then do it.—Henry Ford
Once you know your destiny, once you know your passion, there is nothing stopping you from a life of success.
13. If you’re going through hell, keep going.—Winston Churchill
When things get tough, when you don’t know if you can keep going, never look back. You will eventually make your way out the other side.
14. If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.—Jim Rohn
There is nothing wrong with being in a comfort zone, but stepping outside of this may be all it takes to reach extraordinary heights.
15. Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.—John D. Rockefeller
It is hard to give up a good thing in search of something great. But remember, you will never know what is out there unless you risk it all for greatness.
16. I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.—Thomas Edison
A failure is not a failure if you learn something from it. Don’t let this word enter your vocabulary. Just because something didn’t work doesn’t mean you failed.
17. I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.—Thomas Jefferson
Don’t rely on luck to get you through life. Work hard and luck will eventually show up. In other words, make your own luck.
18. Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending.—Carl Bard
You may not be able to change the past, but you can definitely dictate what happens in the future. The future you want starts today.
19. To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart.—Thomas Watson Sr.
When you start a business, you must be “all in.” Furthermore, you must be passionate about your endeavor. It should fill your heart.
20. Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.—Henry David Thoreau
Don’t spend all your time and effort thinking about becoming a success. Instead, stay busy, day after day, and you will eventually reach your goal.
21. If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.—James Cameron
Don’t shoot low when the stars are within reach. If you go big, even a failure will put you well above the success of others.
22. The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.—Benjamin Disraeli
Some people are ready for anything that comes their way. Others are not. Where do you fit in?
23. Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.—Dale Carnegie
Success doesn’t come without failures. Never forget that.
24. Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved—Helen Keller
There is no easy path to success. You have to be willing to fight for it.
25. The foundation of success in life is good health: that is the substratum fortune; it is also the basis of happiness. A person cannot accumulate a fortune very well when he is sick.—P.T. Barnum
To be successful, you must be of good health in mind, body, and spirit.
26. Success isn’t measured by money or power or social rank. Success is measured by your discipline and inner peace.—Mike Ditka
There is more than one kind of success. Find the one that brings you what you want.
27. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.—Arthur Ashe
Don’t wish you were somebody else. Instead, use what you have to make as much of a difference as you can.
28. Success in life is founded upon attention to the small things rather than to the large things; to the every day things nearest to us rather than to the things that are remote and uncommon.—Booker T. Washington
How you do one thing is how you do everything.
29. The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.—Colin R. Davis
In other words, focus on the input, not the output.
30. People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.—Tony Robbins
Success breeds success.
31. Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another.— Napoleon Hill
Success is more than a goal. It is the way you change the world around you.
32. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.—Mark Twain
Just remember these three words: Explore. Dream. Discover.
33. Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.—Bruce Lee
Become successful on your own terms. Not on anybody else’s.
34. The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office.—Dwight D. Eisenhower
On your journey to success, never lose track of your morals.
35. Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.—Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
There is nothing sexy about success. It’s simply showing up and working hard every day.
36. Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.—John Wooden
You can only control so much in business and life. You have to work with what you have, doing whatever it takes to turn your circumstances into a life you can be proud of.
37. The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.—Vince Lombardi
Remember: Any job worth doing is worth doing well.
38. Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.—Albert Einstein
Instead of thinking about success, think of how you can make the greatest impact on the world around you.
39. Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period.—Lou Holtz
Do you have the self-discipline needed to reach your goals? Start with this and everything else will fall into place.
40. If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.—Steve Jobs
We’ll end on a quote from Steve Job, who reminds us that the road to success is a long one. But hopefully now you feel inspired enough to travel it.
Quotes About Success: The Last Word
We hope that these quotes about success have left you feeling energized to do what it takes to accomplish your business goals. The only thing left to do now is harness that energy and get to work!