Check out this Barclays business credit card review for 2020, plus alternative options.
Best for American Airlines Frequent Flyers
AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard®Great For: It has great travel perks and rewards for American Airline loyalists.
- 60k mile signup bonus
- Earn 2X AAdvantage® miles for every one dollar spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- 5% AAdvantage® mileage bonus earned every year after your account anniversary date based on the total number of miles earned using your card
To start you off, this Barclays business credit card will come with a welcome offer of 60,000 bonus miles. How? Earn 50,000 after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days, and earn an additional 10,000 miles when a purchase is made on an employee card.
You’ll also be able to earn American Airlines miles on a sustained basis with this Barclays business credit card. You’ll earn:
- 2x AAdvantage miles for every dollar you spend directly with American Airlines
- 2x AAdvantage miles for every dollar you spend on office supplies, telecommunications, and car rentals
- 1x AAdvantage miles for every dollar you spend elsewhere
Be sure to note that this Barclays business credit card will come with a $95 annual fee. But some of its most attractive features come in the form of travel perks, which can seriously compensate for the annual fee you’ll have to pay for this Barclays business credit card.
If you travel with this Barclays business credit card in your wallet, you’ll be able to access the following travel perks:
- 25% inflight savings
- Companion certificate of $99 each year you spend $30,000
- Preferred boarding
- $3,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars after you spend $25,000 on purchases every year
Best for JetBlue Frequent Flyers
JetBlue Business CardGreat For: It has great travel perks and rewards for Jet Blue loyalists.
- 40K point sign up bonus
- 6X points on Jet Blue purchases
- 5K bonus points every year
The JetBlue Barclays business credit card will start you off with the opportunity to earn 40,000 bonus points—you’ll just have to spend $1,000 during your first 90 days after opening your account.
Plus, for every account anniversary—no matter how much you spent on the card your previous year—you’ll earn an additional 5,000 bonus points.
As for sustained rewards, you’ll be able to earn at the following rates as you spend with the JetBlue Barclays business credit card:
- 6x points on JetBlue purchases
- 2x points at restaurants and office supply stores
- 1x points on everything else
As with most airline-specific business travel credit cards, the JetBlue Business Card will offer you some pretty stellar travel perks—as long as you fly with JetBlue:
- Free first checked bag
- 10% points back every time you redeem them
- Half-off inflight purchases
- TrueBlue Mosaic benefits for a year after you spend an annual $50,000
Finally, in order to access all that the JetBlue Business Card has to offer, you’ll need to pay an annual fee of $99.
Best for Hawaiian Airlines Frequent Flyers
Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard®Great For: It has great travel perks and rewards for Hawaiian Airlines loyalists.
- 60k mile signup bonus
- Earn up to 40,000 annual bonus miles
- One-time 50% off companion discount
You can unlock this card’s 60,000-mile welcome offer by earning 50,000 after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days, and then earning an additional 10,000 miles by completing a purchase on an employee card.
If you take into account both the welcome offer value and the ease at which you can access the offer, this welcome offer is one of the most generous on the market.
Not to mention, this Barclays business credit card offers 40,000 additional bonus miles for every year that you spend $100,000 or more on purchases or earn 20,000 miles after spending at least $50,000 in a year.
As you spend with the Hawaiian Airlines Barclays business credit card, you’ll earn at the following rates:
- 3x miles on eligible Hawaiian Airlines purchases
- 2x miles on on gas, dining and office supply store purchases
- 1x miles on all other purchases
Granted, these sustained rewards rates don’t measure up to the other Barclays business credit cards’, but you can recoup some serious value through this card’s welcome offer and annual bonuses.
The Hawaiian Airlines Business Mastercard will come with a $99 annual fee and no foreign transaction fee.
Finally, by way of additional travel perks that this Barclays business credit card offers, you’ll be able to earn a one-time 50% off companion discount for a roundtrip between Hawaii and North America.
Barclays Arrival® Premier World Elite Mastercard®Great For: If you spend $25K in one year, you'll get an additional 25K bonus miles in addition to the 2X miles on all purchases.
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on every purchase
- Plus, each year earn up to 25,000 loyalty bonus miles
- $0 annual fee for the first year, then $150
You’ll be able to earn a whole slew of miles each year with this Barclays card.
First, you’ll be able to earn 15,000 miles each year you spend $15,000. Then, you’ll also earn an additional 10,000 miles each year you spend an additional $10,000.That measures up to a total of 25,000 bonus miles if you spend $25,000 in a year.
The card earns 2 miles on every $1 spent, no matter what you end up spending on.
You can redeem your miles as a statement credit against any travel expense at a rate of 100 points to the dollar, starting at 10,000 points for $100. For example, if you book a $300 airline ticket, you can use anywhere between 10,000 points and 30,000 points to offset all or part of your purchase.
As far as fees go, this Barclays credit card will come with no foreign transaction fees, but it comes with a pretty substantial $150 annual fee.
You’ll also be able to access a number of travel perks through this Barclays credit card. Whenever you use your miles to access travel, you’ll get 5% of your miles back when you redeem. You’ll also be able to access a $100 credit for the Global Entry application fee every five years.
Finally, as extra perks, you’ll also get MasterCard Elite concierge service along with travel accident and trip cancellation insurance.
Get a Barclays Business Credit Card if:
- You want brand-specific travel rewards.
Skip These Barclays Business Credit Cards if:
- You want to access non-branded travel rewards.